Saturday, December 22, 2018

Hot Author of the Week: Jessa Lucas

This weeks Hot Author is new to me, but I am excited to get to know her :) Her name is Jessa Lucas






1) What or who made you want to start writing?
     I can't think of a specific thing that really made me "want" to do it, since I've been drawn to storytelling from a very young age! I was the kid on the playground acting out great epics about mermaids, hah! Stories have always been a way for me to process my emotions and beliefs about the world and as I got older, the craft of writing became a natural extension of that.

2) Who inspires you to keep writing?
      This is a hard question to answer, because everyone has really been so supportive. My family, my friends. I will say that the biggest high is hearing from a reader (in a review, or directly) who loves my work. That's probably the thing that spurs me forward the most!

3) Who was your favorite character to create?
      I've really loved writing about Saylor. I love her more than I ever intended to!

4) What are you working on right now?
      The Tempted Kingdom sequel, and a new vampire romance called Thirstborn! You can start the Tempted Kingdom series here while you wait :)

5) What book/s got you started reading?
     I inhaled the Nancy Drew books growing up. Narnia, Harry Potter. My all time favorite book is Ella Enchanted, though. Can't even say how many times I've read it!!

6) What is something fun about you that your readers don't already know?
     My background is in film, so most days I'm sitting in an office running auditions for indie films, tv, and commercials!

7)  If you could recommend one book, not your own, from any time period to read what would it be?
     My go-to is Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. Her tales are so unique and her writing style is a real inspiration to me!

8) How can your readers follow you?
     Facebook Group

No comments:

Post a Comment